YouTube is a video-sharing application that is now a necessity for almost every internet user. This American company, founded in 2005, has come a long way while Google had gained it soon the following year. Its founders include Jawed Karim, Steve Chen, Chad Hurley. With the first video being of the founder at the Zoo, it now hosts millions of videos for free. Recently, it had also rolled out YouTube Premium and YouTube Music. According to a survey, over 500 hours of content is being uploaded on YouTube every minute.
YouTube has built strong automated software to help its users as well. One of the famous ‘YouTube recommendations’ is almost always trending on social media. YouTube has also given way to several independent artists and producers. Its brand value had peaked so much that it also stepped into the market of video production. YouTube truly cares about its members. Therefore, it sends them memorable marks like golden play button, silver play button, etc.
YouTube has also kept the fans and audience as its priority. It hosts a YouTube fan fest each year and invites the famous and most loved YouTubers. This has taken the platform to an entirely different level. People can perform, learn and earn from YouTube. In all this, some YouTubers may want to keep their channel private or at least hide few features. This brings up a question: can one hide the subscribers count?
The answer is yes. YouTube allows its users to keep their subscribes count private if they wish. This way, they can manage their content until they wish to go public with the number of subscribers.
How to Hide YouTube Subscribers Count?
If you want to hide your YouTube subscribes count, follow these steps:
1. First, you would need to sign in to your YouTube Account. Make sure that it is the same ID that you used to create your YouTube channel.
2. Click on the profile icon of your YouTube channel. Usually, you can find it in the top right corner.
3. Tap the option of Settings in the drop menu. Further, try to locate the option of privacy from the list. Here, you can keep all your subscriptions private and hide them from public view.
4. Further, if you wish to hide your subscriber’s count entirely, you need to sign in to your Google Account and do it.
5. When you log in, you need to go to YouTube Studio.
6. Locate the option of Settings and go to the Advanced Settings. Below it, you could see the option of Subscribers Count. Now, all you need to do is uncheck the option of displaying the number of people who have subscribed to your channel. Click on Save and exit.
7. Open YouTube and visit your channel, you would see that it is no longer for public view.
Hence, it is possible to hide your subscriber’s count if you are not willing to make it public. Try to keep things simple and easy. YouTube gives you complete freedom of choosing the information that you want to share with everyone.